Entry level construction position includes assisting the Project Managers in the daily procedures of the project. To walk jobsites to ensure the work is done per construction documents. Coordinating with office and maintaining accurate written records.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist Project Manager in all aspects of the construction job from mobilization to occupancy
- Assist with the supervision of subcontractors in all stages of the construction
- Perform on-site inspections of the various subcontractors' work to insure that the level of quality is being complied with.
- Assist Project Manager in maintaining records of job changes, including option orders and purchase orders.
- Maintain daily log of job site occurrences
- Assist in the evaluation of subcontractors and product performance. Provide on going information to Construction Manager, Project Managers and Design Team as it relates to quality of workmanship.
- Coordinate with customer care regarding quality and walk-through preparation of homes for move-in, ensuring timely home completions and deliveries
- Able to work in a team environment
- Assist in the maintenance of a clean job site for sub-contractors, take direction well; and able to use hand tools. The above duties summarize the main functions of the Project Field Assistant. He or she will, however, also be requested to perform other duties as assigned. Each employee may be required to cross train for positions within the company's structure as required by.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School degree minimum
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail oriented
- Team player with strong work ethic
Regular contact with office personnel, customers, subcontractors, clients, and construction personnel
Ability to work full-time outdoors in the heat and cold; the ability to operate a motor vehicle, read plans, climb stairs, climb ladders, bend, stoop, reach, lift, move and/or carry equipment which may be in excess of 50 pounds, Finger dexterity may be required to operate a computer keyboard and calculator.
- Flent in English and Chinese (Any dialect) and/or Spanish
- Some traveling within the city limits may be required
- Follow directions from a supervisor
- Interact well with co-workers
- Understand and follow posted work rules and procedures
POSITION EXPIRES: Until Filled